Don’t Worry About The Pain. We Offer Sedation Dentistry!
In the center of your tooth is a soft layer known as the dental pulp. This dental pulp contains the tooth’s blood vessels, nerves, and other tissues. If a dental pulp becomes infected, our experienced dentists may recommend root canal therapy. If you need root canal therapy, you may experience one or more of the following symptoms:
- Discoloration of a tooth.
- A pimple on the gums near a tooth.
- Swollen or tender gums.
- Sensitivity to hot and cold temperatures.
- Aching when pressure is applied to the tooth.
If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, we urge you to contact our friendly dentist, Dr. Quillian, today. If an infected dental pulp is not treated, the injured tooth may die, which would require a tooth extraction. If root canal therapy is necessary, our friendly team at Culebra North Dental Care will follow these steps:
- Remove the infection from the tooth.
- Clean and sanitize the remainder of the tooth.
- Fill the area with a medicated liquid.
- Seal the tooth.
If you have any questions about the benefits of a root canal in San Antonio, Texas, please feel free to contact us today. We look forward to working with you to attain the smile of your dreams.