What are dental implants?
Dental implants can be made to blend with the natural shape, size, color, and tone of your teeth. This surgical solution involves positioning metal posts/frames into your jawbone beneath your gums. You must have healthy gums and strong bone structure in order to be a candidate for dental implants because they provide support for your artificial teeth.
Why would you need dental implants?
Dental implants are intended to be a permanent, comfortable option for patients who have lost one or several of their permanent teeth. Read on to learn about the benefits!
How are dental implants placed?
To place a dental implant in San Antonio, Texas, our friendly dental team will:
- Provide the appropriate sedative and remove any decay.
- Insert a titanium screw into the jawbone.
- Place an abutment, or a small attachment, on the screw.
- Attach your restoration to the abutment, which could be a dental crown, a dental bridge, or a complete or partial denture, depending on your needs.
What are the benefits of dental implants?
- They will help to improve your eating and speaking capabilities.
- They replace missing teeth.
- They look like your natural teeth.
- They won’t shift or move around.
- They benefit your general oral health because they aren’t required to be anchored to other teeth.
- Sturdy, permanent solution for missing teeth.
- They can prevent other teeth from shifting or moving.
To ensure that the comfort and function provided by a dental implant lasts a lifetime, Dr. Quillian suggests that patients brush daily and floss at least once a day. For other recommendations, don’t hesitate asking Dr. Quillian or our staff.
Providing Superior Dental Implants for San Antonio, TX
Our caring dentists in San Antonio, TX are committed to providing you with the best dental experience possible, regardless of the procedure, and they are determined to address any of your questions or concerns before providing any service. If you have any questions about dental implants, we invite you to contact us at Culebra North Dental Care today!