Dental lasers are new-and-improved dental technology that make treatments easier and better and they help the patients feel more comfortable and safe in the dental chair. Many dentists today use lasers for a variety of different types of treatments, like:
· Tooth decay removal: The laser can remove the decay from the tooth and can also help the tooth prepare for the filling.
· Gum treatment: If your gums have receded from your teeth, lasers can reshape the tissues in your mouth to give you a more attractive and healthy smile.
· Root canal therapy: The laser can remove bacteria in the area receiving the therapy, which will reduce the chances of infection.
· Biopsy: In a biopsy, a small piece of your oral tissue is needed, and a laser can help with that by painlessly removing a piece of the tissue for the examination of oral cancer.
· Lesion removal: The laser can remove the lesion from your mouth.
The laser can be used as a cutting instrument or a soft tissue vaporizer. It can also be used to strengthen the bond between a filling and a tooth and it can quicken the teeth-whitening process in the office by heating the whitening solution.
There are many benefits to dental lasers. Some of those benefits are:
· They can reduce the pain experienced in the treatments, which can also reduce the need for anesthesia.
· They can reduce the anxiety in patients because they replace the dental drill.
· They minimize the bleeding and swelling during treatments that deal with soft tissues.
· They can preserve more of the healthy enamel when removing a cavity.
Our team at Culebra North Dental Care in San Antonio Texas, wants you to have the best dental experience possible, which is why Dr. Jonathan E. Quillian is happy to use dental lasers in our office. If you have any questions about the lasers or if you would like to know more, call 210-761-5452 today!